Welcome to the Literacy Education Division
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.International Literacy Association. The general goals and objectives of the program are:
- A knowledge and mastery of all aspects of the literacy process;
- A knowledge of those skills necessary to select, administer, and interpret informal and formal assessments;
- A knowledge of the abilities and skills which enhance a wholesome teacher- student-parent relationship in working with students identified as at-risk readers;
- A knowledge of those skills necessary to recognize and accommodate for individual differences in literacy instruction;
- A knowledge of how to plan, supervise, and enhance programs as a literacy coach;
- A knowledge of and ability to demonstrate effective literacy instructional strategies;
- A knowledge of the relationship of literacy skills to subject-matter content areas;
- A knowledge of evidence-based research conducted in literacy education;
- A knowledge of a broad range of children and young adult literature and how to incorporate this literature into the classroom; and
- A knowledge of how to effectively support and mentor educators and serve as a literacy leader or literacy coach.