Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Focus on principled leadership that provides a valuable foundation for meeting demands in construction and engineering professions.
- Academic environment that requires students learn, understand and embody high ethical standards needed to fulfill the fundamental cannons of engineering licensure.
- Learning environment that fosters high standards of student conduct, which develop character and help ensure ability to attain background checks and future security clearances.
The four-year program will prepare graduates to ethically and judiciously apply knowledge of science, mathematics, and engineering methods to solve a wide range of technologically complex construction problems. The full-time undergraduate program is offered to cadets, veterans, and active duty students. Additionally, a full-time evening undergraduate program is available for non-military students through a 2+2 program with Trident Technical College offering courses in the first two years, and The Citadel providing courses through junior and senior years.
建设工程 program objectives include:
- Preparation for careers to apply and implement engineering methods, analysis tools and equipment applications needed to conduct and/or lead construction engineering projects.
- Self-development attributes to value and pursue lifelong learning to keep current in the construction engineering field and sustain awareness of engineering-related contemporary issues needed to address evolving societal demands.
- Prepare for graduate education and/or professional registration, as desired or required.
- Readiness to serve in professional roles as principled leaders with strong communications and team-building skills necessary to lead people, manage resources, solve complex problems, communicate information, and influence decisions.
建设工程 graduates will be prepared to:
- Design a system, component, or process within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, constructability, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Use techniques, skills, and contemporary analytical tools necessary for construction engineering practice.
- Comprehend the impact of construction engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
Our Construction Engineering curriculum focuses on constructability, sustainability, construction equipment, temporary structures, vertical and horizontal construction, business principles, scheduling, estimating, and project management. The Citadel offers 建设工程 courses to all cadet and day program students, as well as full-time evening students transferring from Trident Technical College and other colleges/universities.
If you are interested in attending The Citadel as a cadet, veteran, or active duty student, or entering our evening undergraduate program, please contact me, review materials provided with this program website, and/or visit The Citadel Office of 招生 to obtain further information.
Dept. Head & D. Graham Copeland Professor of Civil Engineering
Civil & Environmental Engineering, 建设工程
The Citadel, 171 Moultrie St., 查尔斯顿29409